The Latest: Man held on $1M bail amid search for 4 young men – Washington Post

DOYLESTOWN, Pa. — The Latest on Missing Men (all times local):

7:20 p.m.

A 20-year-old linked to the property where the FBI is searching for four missing Pennsylvania men is being held on $1 million bail on an illegal gun charge.

A police affidavit says Cosmo DiNardo, of Bensalem, was arrested Monday in possession of a 20-gauge shotgun and ammunition.

The affidavit obtained by the Bucks County Courier Times says he’s barred from having a gun because of his history of mental illness that includes an involuntary commitment.

DiNardo’s lawyer and parents did not immediately return messages Monday.

His arrest comes as the FBI uses heavy equipment to search his family’s sprawling farm property in Solebury Township.

A spokesman for Bucks County District Attorney Matthew Weintraub says the charges against DiNardo do not involve the missing men.

___

4:00 p.m.

Authorities in suburban Philadelphia say they are chasing “incredibly hot” leads in the search for four missing young men, but say it could take days to solve the case.

Bucks County District Attorney Matthew Weintraub (WINE’-trobe) says the FBI has joined the search for evidence because of their expertise in recovery operations at the primary search site.

Weintraub believes foul play is involved, but hopes the young men are still alive. He compares the search effort to finding “needles in a haystack.”

The FBI is the seventh law enforcement involved in the case. Investigators have brought heavy equipment into farmland in the area about 30 miles north of Philadelphia.

Officials say one man disappeared Wednesday and three others Friday.

Weintraub identifies them as 22-year-old Mark Sturgis, of Pennsburg; 21-year-old Tom Meo, of Plumstead; 19-year-old Dean Finocchiaro, of Middletown; and 19-year-old Jimi Tar Patrick, of Newtown Township.

___

12:30 p.m.

Authorities in suburban Philadelphia are asking for the public’s help finding four missing young men in what they call a criminal investigation.

Bucks County District Attorney Matthew Weintraub (WINE’-trobe) says three men went missing Friday and the fourth on Wednesday.

He says searches have been underway in several locations. Press reports show police vehicles near a cornfield.

Weintraub identifies the missing men as 22-year-old Mark Sturgis, of Pennsburg; 21-year-old Tom Meo, of Plumstead; 19-year-old Dean Finocchiaro, of Middletown; and 19-year-old Jimi Tar Patrick, of Newtown Township.

The prosecutor at a news conference Monday has asked for tips and for the public’s patience and prayers.

He says that authorities are trying to confirm reports the four knew each other.

___

5:40 a.m.

Police are searching for four young men who went missing in a period of about a week in Pennsylvania.

Philly.com reports (http://bit.ly/2uHL8Ls ) the four have been identified as 22-year-old Mark Sturgis, of Pennsburg, 21-year-old Tom Meo, of Plumstead, 18-year-old Dean Finocchiaro, of Middletown and Jimi Tar Patrick, of Newtown Township. Patrick’s age has not been confirmed.

Police say Finocchiario and Patrick were reported missing last week. Meo and Sturgis were reported missing Sunday.

Investigators say the men are friends, but it is unclear if there is any other connection.

State police conducted a search at a home in Solebury Township Sunday evening, but they are not saying what led them to the home.

Police have not said if the missing men are in any danger.

Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Comments

Write a Reply or Comment:

Your email address will not be published.*