‘All hands on deck’: Police search farm for four missing men – New York Post

An exhaustive, multi-agency search for four Pennsylvania men missing since last week has yielded “incredibly hot leads,” authorities said.

Bucks County District Attorney Matthew Weintraub said officials from at least five municipal police departments, the Pennsylvania State Police and the FBI have been searching farmland in Solebury Township for any trace of the four men, identified as Jimi Tar Patrick, 19, of Newtown; Mark Sturgis, 22, of Pennsburg; Dean Finocchiaro, 18, of Middletown; and Tom Meo, 21, of Plumstead.

“As is often the case in an investigation of this magnitude, it is all hands on deck,” Weintraub told reporters Monday in Solebury Township, adding that while there’s no definitive proof yet that the men have been harmed, authorities are treating the case as a “criminal investigation.”

Weintraub spoke to reporters near the scene of one search, a large swath of farmland along Route 202 near Aquetong Road in Solebury.

“The leads are incredibly hot, they’re fruitful, and we are making great progress, but there is so much more work to do,” Weintraub told reporters. “We’re not going to rest until we get through every inch of that property.”

The property, according to records cited by Philly.com, is owned by Antonio and Sandra DiNardo, of Bensalem. Hours after Weintraub’s press conference, police arrested their 20-year-old son, Cosmo, on an unrelated gun charge from February, according to Larry King, a spokesman for the Bucks County District Attorney’s Office.

“We’re continuing the search out here at the Solebury property,” King told The Post early Tuesday.

Cosmo DiNardo, also of Bensalem, was taken into custody for a firearms charge that was previously dismissed but refiled Monday after he allegedly had a shotgun and ammunition in his possession despite being previously involuntarily committed to a mental health institution, which bars him from having a gun, King said.


Cosmo DiNardoAP

The charge against DiNardo was not linked to the disappearance of the four men, but King declined to say whether investigators are eyeing him in connection to them.

DiNardo remains held on $1 million bail. Both he and his attorney declined comment after his arraignment Monday, Philly.com reports.

Patrick has been missing since Wednesday, while Strugis, Finocchiaro and Meo have been missing since Friday, Weintraub said — adding that there are indications they knew each other, though investigators were still trying to determine if the disappearances were linked.

Sturgis’ father, Mark Potash, said his son and Meo worked in his construction business and he got concerned when they didn’t show up for work Saturday.

“I thought maybe they had a night of drinking and slept somewhere,” Potash told Philly.com. “That was my hope.”

Asked why he thought the boys were missing, Potash said: “I can’t even begin to imagine. At this point, as the hours pass, it seems more and more grim.”

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of the four men is asked to call investigators at (215) 297-8201.

Comments

Write a Reply or Comment:

Your email address will not be published.*