Man loses part of ear in bloody subway attack | New York Post – New York Post

Two men are recovering, with one losing part of an ear, after being attacked and pepper sprayed on a No. 6 train platform Thursday evening, police said.

The assault occurred on the northbound side of the 110th Street and Lexington Avenue subway station in East Harlem around 8:45pm, according to officials.

A 35-year-old Hispanic man was slashed across the face and will need a piece of his ear reattached, while a 57-year-old Hispanic man was repeatedly punched in the face. Both victims were reportedly pepper sprayed. They were taken to Metropolitan Hospital to be treated for their injuries.

Police are searching for the assailants, described as a black male, between 25-30 years old, wearing a burgundy jacket and glasses. The second suspect is described as a 20-year-old Hispanic male, approximately 5’8, wearing a long black coat and short braided hair.

The attack was provoked by a dispute, which may have began while those involved were on-board a train and then spilled out onto the platform. The nature of the dispute is still under investigation, police sources said.

Blood could be seen covering the walls and floor of the platform following the brutal altercation.

This incident comes amid an upsurge of violent incidents in New York City trains and subway stations in recent months.

On November 1, a man attempted to push a subway rider onto the tracks at 125th Street in Harlem, allegedly because the victim was white.

The following day, another man tried to shove an MTA worker, 33-year-old Heriberto Santiago, off the platform.

A week later, Connie Watton, 49 died after being shoved in front of a downtown No. 1 train at Times Square, by a woman with a history of mental illness.

Then, on November 13, an argument between three men ended with one being thrown onto the train tracks, and having several toes amputated as a result.


Write a Reply or Comment:

Your email address will not be published.*